Serving as an integral member of the Accounting team, a successful candidate in the Accounting Clerk position will be able to handle multiple tasks and efficiently prioritize work to meet deadlines. Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written as well as the ability to interface with all levels of personnel professionally and effectively. Candidates must possess the ability to be punctual, reliable, display strong attention to detail, and able to handle pressure.
Established in 1984, RDD Freight International Inc is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. RDD offers multi-modal logistics management for business to business and associated global logistics consulting service for long-term clients.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform accounting and clerical functions.
- Research, track, and resolve accounting problems.
- Compile and sort invoices and checks.
- File and tally deposits.
- Open mail and match payments to invoices.
- Place checks in envelopes and mail out.
- Record business transactions and key daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
- Record charges and refunds.
- Input type invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records.
- Work with adding machines, calculators, databases and bank accounts.
- Process bills for payment.
- Issue checks for accounts payable.
- Utilize computer systems to run databases, pay bills, and order supplies.
- Contact individuals with delinquent accounts.
- Ensure customers accept payments or refunds.
- Scan and index invoices.
- Assist vendors with questions on outstanding invoices.
- Review statements and ensure proper payment to vendors.
- Work with other departments to ensure their A/P needs are met.
- Support accounting personnel.
- Assist the Accounting Department in other functions, as needed..
- Strong analytical, critical thinking skills and research capabilities
- Proactive, positive, enthusiastic and self-driven
- Strong business acumen, attention to details and strong organizational skills
- Understanding of Supply Chain Logistics / Freight Forwarding industry
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office
If you are motivated and customer-oriented, find out how you can become a part of our team by searching our job opportunities or sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please send your resume to email@example.com.